SEARCH THE BLOG

Oct 30, 2011

Dryer Vent Pumpkins

I thought I'd give a tutorial on how to make the dryer vent pumpkins I featured in my front porch decor post. 

dryer vent pumpkin

I got the idea from Courtney at A Diamond in the Stuff. She's made so many variations on the original - you should go check it out.

I used 6" and 4" plastic dryer vent to make two different sizes of pumpkin. I cut the vent with scissors and wire cutters, curved it around on itself, and hot glued the open ends together.  

dryer vent pumpkin

dryer vent pumpkin

I then spray painted them "Cinnamon" by Krylon. The stem is a cinnamon stick, and some moss and a leaf substitute for the real thing.

dryer vent pumpkin

dryer vent pumpkin

This is a really easy project - the hardest part is waiting for the paint to dry. I printed out "Boo" signs and glued them to two of of the small pumpkins to take to work.

dryer vent pumpkin


dryer vent pumpkin



8 comments:

Sonny G said...

Great job Barb,, I love them. I hope I remember to try doing one next year,, yours look great~!

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

Thank you! I know, I really should have posted this sooner so people had time to try it for Halloween.

Annika said...

These are very cool! Shame it's not Halloween again till next year! :o)

Linda Braden said...

I'm crazy about those dryer vent pumpkins too! Made a few of my own this year ...

Again, thanks for sharing at our spray paint link party!

:)

Linda

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Linda!

Noni said...

Where did you find the white plastic dryer vent? All I can find is the silver.

BarbSteadman said...

Hey Noni,

I bought it at Home Depot but I don't think they carry it any more. I can't find it online anyway.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...