SEARCH THE BLOG

Oct 1, 2011

Tiny pictures

I bought some small frames at Goodwill for 25 cents each. 
These little sweethearts with dried peppers and seeds in them.




Cute, right?

I bought them primarily because the frames
are the same colour as our kitchen cabinets,
though I'm not sure it comes across in these pictures
- they're a dark green - 
and I figured I could find a way to display them. 
Maybe sand them down or stain them. 
Or just leave them the way they are. 

Several months have gone by. 
Tick tock, tick tock.
And I’m not as enamoured of them anymore.
Too cutesy or something.

Today I came up with the idea to try something else.
I decided I would find some pictures to put behind the glass
and use them like regular frames.  

I went through the thousands of pictures of the dogs
 and selected four of my favourites. 

Seriously difficult.
 
How to pick just four? 
My girls are so beautiful that every picture is a winner. J


I finally decided on four, but I printed them out a little too large. 
I couldn’t figure out how to get them any smaller
without some major editing so I just went with it.
 
I dabbed a bit of hot glue on each corner
and glued them right on to the frames. 


I really like how they turned out. 


I like it even better than if they were behind the glass. 
It looks like they're glued onto solid blocks of wood. 
And the twine used to hang them gives it a rustic-y feel. 

I’ll show you later in the week where I chose to hang them. 




I actually finished a couple of other projects
and I’m liking how the craft room is shaping up.


I'm linking to these awesome link parties!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...