SEARCH THE BLOG

May 10, 2012

Salad Days

(Please excuse the crappy picture quality - I only had my phone to work with.)

~~~~~

On his way out the door this morning, Tom called out that there was an extra salad in the fridge if I wanted to take it for lunch. He likes to take massive salads to work - I prefer meat and vegetables. Though I'll admit, they are pretty good looking salads. Cucumber, mushroom, sweet peppers, onion, feta cheese, broccoli slaw, carrots, and a little left over pork chop diced up small.



I asked him if there were olives in it. I despise olives so much. I call them poison. I can't think of another food I hate more. And he knows it. He said there might be a couple in there, but not many as he was almost out. (This tells me that he wasn't so much being sweet and making lunch for me, more that he realized at the last minute that he doesn't need to take a lunch tomorrow. Hmmmm.)

So at noon today I casually look at my salad for those offending olives. I find one. And then another. And another. Now I have to search through the whole salad so that I don't inadvertently eat one. Because I could die you know. (Did you just call me a drama queen in your head?)

And look!  Just look! 


How horrifying! More than 10 little pieces of death right there!

It's a good thing that my friend Erin brought me banana oatmeal 
walnut chocolate chip cookies. Perfect antidote.  


At least someone is looking out for me. 

(P.S. Yes, I will get the cookie recipe.)

2 comments:

Olga @ Stardust said...

LOL! Barb this salad looks so yummy! Shame you don't like olives, we love them here! By the way this salad is so similar to our Greek salad. And you have feta cheese? Thought that only Greeks like this cheese!

BarbSteadman said...

Neither my husband nor I like lettuce so these types of salads are our favourites! He keeps bugging me that I won't be able to go to Greece if I won't eat olives. We'll see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...