SEARCH THE BLOG

Mar 28, 2015

Toilet Paper Roll Easter Bunny


I always have a collection of leftover toilet tissue rolls laying around. I have great plans for them - that often never come to be. Usually at Christmas time I'll dig them out to make stars/snowflakes for the tree or to tie on gifts.

toilet paper roll star

This time I was saving them up as I had a plan to make an activity for the dogs, but I'm still waffling on whether or not to do it. Instead I poked around on Pinterest and came upon this little project. Who doesn't love a bunny, right? So I dug out my scissors and my glue gun and got to work.

toilet paper roll bunny

To make this bunny you'll need to cut a toilet paper (or papertowel) tube into seven equal rings. I ended up using part of a second roll to have enough rings.

toilet paper roll bunny

Start by taking one ring and pinching inwards in one spot to make a heart shape. Glue the heart upside down on a second ring, making sure to leave a bit of a point.

toilet paper roll bunny

Take two more rings and flatten them out a bit, squeezing a point at one end so that they look like ears. Glue these to the bunny's head (the bottom of the heart) any way you want. You can make them stand up or be floppy - your choice.

toilet paper roll bunny

Take two more rings and flatten them the same way as the ears, gluing them to the bottom of the body for feet. These you'll want to get as even as possible so that your bunny doesn't fall over. The flatter you can get the bottoms of the rings, the better. (Mine aren't very flat here.)

toilet paper roll bunny

For the arms, you'll take one ring and do the "heart pinch" again, but this time pinch it all the way down until the center meets the other side. Glue the two sides that are pinched together to each other to keep them in place. Glue this shape to the inside of the body, right at the top, so that they hang down like paws.

toilet paper roll bunny

Take the last ring and make the same shape that you did for the arms. This will be the bunny's cheeks. Glue the ring to the inside of the head. How's your bunny looking so far?

toilet paper roll bunny

The tutorial I read calls for mini pompoms for eyes, nose, & tail, but I didn't have any, so I cut a nose and eyes out of construction paper. (My bunny is tail-less right now.)

toilet paper roll bunny

I took a piece of orange yarn and tied a bow around his neck for a little flare. You could also paint him white (before adding the eyes and nose, etc.) by hand or with spray paint. Mine's a wild bunny so he's going to stay brown.

How's that for a quick Easter project? Even kids could help with this one if you use craft glue instead of a hot glue gun.

toilet paper roll bunny

toilet paper roll bunny

toilet paper roll bunny


Looking for more Easter projects?  Here are a couple I've done in previous years. Just click on the picture to take you directly to the post (it will open in a new window).

Yarn Eggs

yarn eggs

Bunny in a Jar

Easter bunny in a jar

Easter Wreath

Easter Wreath


1 comment:

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

I read the
complete blog and it was really nice for me. I have also published one
article on that topic.

bra tape

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...